The RX2 International Series presented by Cooper Tires is the leading official support series to the FIA World Rallycross Championship presented by Monster Energy, developing and nurturing the discipline’s future stars.
All drivers compete in identical 310bhp machinery, with a single-round Supercar prize drive awarded to the eventual champion and a Supercar test day on offer to the second and third-placed finishers.
The 2020 calendar comprises seven events, with the first six taking place throughout Europe before a spectacular South African season finale.
A range of options is available for participation depending on budget, from joining a professional team to rental arrive-and-drive packages.
The series’ primary goal is to develop the rallycross stars of the future, but organisers are similarly committed to ensuring the series remains relevant and attractive to competitors and stakeholders in an ever-evolving motorsport landscape.
RX2 provides the perfect stepping stone for drivers climbing the rallycross ladder. In recent years, the series has welcomed competitors from disciplines as diverse as stage and cross-country rallying, cross-kart, folk race, karting, single-seaters and even SuperMoto – as well, obviously, as rallycross itself, attracting talent from the RX Academy, Super1600, TouringCar and national and regional series.
While from a wide variety of backgrounds, all RX2 drivers share a common goal – that of reaching the very pinnacle of the sport, the FIA World Rallycross Championship.
As a series, RX2 works hard to foster ever-closer links with World RX and World Championship promoter IMG, with RX2 drivers and teams regularly invited to join official activities from pre-event activation to autograph sessions and pre and post-race press conferences.
Taking place in front of the World Championship teams, RX2 offers aspiring rallycross superstars and independent competitors alike an extremely accessible, affordable and direct route to the top of the sport and is the perfect place for drivers to prove their potential in front of a loyal, engaged and enthusiastic audience.
- Naturally-aspirated 2,400cc Duratec block
- Four cylinders, 16 valves
- Power: 310bhp
- Torque: 300Nm
- Tubular Spaceframe Structure combined with high performance composite plastic exterior and interior body
- CDS roll cage
- Dimensions: Length 3,800mm; Width 1,800mm; Wheelbase 2,489mm
- Weight: 1,100kg minimum with driver included
8” x17” lightweight KMC wheel rims
- Front: ALCON 330mm ventilated discs with 4-piston calipers
- Rear: ALCON 330mm ventilated discs with 4-piston calipers
- Front: Double wishbone suspension, OHLINS TTX adjustable dampers
- Rear: Double wishbone suspension, OHLINS TTX adjustable dampers
- Permanent four-wheel drive with 2 LSD differentials
- 6-speed sequential SADEV gearbox
- ALCON 2-plate clutch